Settled mostly by Scotch-Irish sometime between 1732 and 1765, Harrisburg -- still home to families that arrived in the 1700s -- came by its name from the Robert Harris family and his descendants. Mr. Harris was established on land of his own here in 1766. With the coming of the railroad in the 1850s, the depot took the name of the landowner from whom the right-of-way was purchased, becoming known as Harris Depot. In 1874 the post office underwent a change of name from Harris Depot to Harrisburg.
Exit Hwy 49, proceed on Hwy 49 North away from Charlotte. Once you pass Morehead Rd. the church will be on the left just past the Bestway Center strip mall.
Exit Bruton Smith Blvd. Proceed to Speedway, turn right at Speedway, then left at first light onto Morehead. Turn left onto Hwy 49 N at the light. The church will be on the left just past the Bestway Center strip mall.
Take Roberta Rd. south to Hwy 49 and turn right. Or take Hwy 49 and head west toward Charlotte. The church will be on the right just past BP station.
PO Box 970
4560 Hwy 49 S., Harrisburg, NC 28075
Send Us an Email